Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

molsonbubba

Strange FSX. EXE crashes

Hello, In desperate need of help, advise. I have been running FSX since the day it first came out without any problems until March 15th, with SP1 and SP2. On March 15th Vista downloaded and installed latest Vista updates. Since then my FSX has not been the same. Since March 15th FSX hangs on load where it can not go past the splash screen. Tested up to 10 minutes. I know there are threads how to fix this - remove .cfg file, remove logbook.bin file. After letting FSX rebuild .cfg and logbook.bin files it loads ok. I am able to fly with no problems but then on exit it crashes again???!!! After it crashes on exit it will not load past the splash screen. So I am forced to delete the earlier mentioned files and start again. I should mention that while in between the crashes I do not use the logbook, I do not even recall how to activate it if there is an option to activate it ... lol.Crash on exit: sometimes FSX would appear to have closed ok but fsx.exe is still running in the Task Manager where it can not be "killed". Logging off does not help. Only re-boot works. Sometimes I am forced to "reset"/hot boot as Vista does not respond to the normal way. This part, crashing on exit sometimes so bad that only re-boot can fix it is the part I have not seen posted anywhere else. So I am wandering if any one else has been experiencing this, heard of this, has any tips? I really do not want to re-install FSX just yet. There has been no add on a/c, scenery or anything else installed. Interesting item. Right before the crash problems appeared, the very last time FSX loaded OK, my FPS jumped by about 100%. I was so happy I jacked up the sliders by about 25% without any hits on FPS. Flew around and then went to shut it down to see the first crash on exit. I am so no understanding what is going. Dxdiag is showing no errors.On exit crash I see fsx.exe AppHang message from Vista.My system (gaming PC, nothing else but games, kept clean)Vista Premium, clean install, was not an upgrade.2.4GHz Dual core (is it Q6600?) - was over clocked at 3.00 and ran smoothly. Since March 15th I put it back to 2.4 without help.Intel MB3GB RamXFX 8800GTS with I believe 650MB memory. Updated with latest nVidia drivers. Did not fix the problem. X-FI Sound BlasterThank you for any advise in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!