Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest NoobPilot

CTD when trying to save

Hello, I never had this problem much before. It might have happened once before, but I ignored it. Now, every time I open the file menu and click on save, "FSX is not responding and needs to be closed". Any help?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Looks like the infamous "menu crash" that a few people have gotten. I believe it's the video card drivers and you need to uninstall and reinstall them but those who get the menu crash blame FSX SP2. If it was SP2 causing the problem then it would be logical to me that everyone who owns Acceleration or SP2 would be getting the crash. That's not the case. I think the one's who got it also stated they had DX10 Preview checked in the FSX cfg. If that's your case, you might uncheck it and see if that fixes the problem. Again, IMHO it's a video card driver problem. Jim

Already reinstalled Vid drivers, have Acceleration, no DX10 preview. XP. Had to reinstall the game because of it just not working anymore. Sadly, I bought and installed GEX about 3 days before I had to wipe it. I know for a fact that GEX wasn't the cause though, it was working before. The GEX installer is still working, so thankfully I didn't have to buy it again, plus Flight1 is great about that stuff, just hit the reinstall. Anywho, back to topic, reinstalled FSX, problem went away.