Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dave33

CTD @ Splash Screen

Help Yesterday FSX working fine now cant get past splash screen comes up with fatal error and have done a repair below is the error information any help please:-Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61472.0 Application Timestamp: 475e17d3 Fault Module Name: simprop.dll Fault Module Version: 10.0.61472.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 475e180d Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00006da7 OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 2057Additional information about the problem: LCID: 2057

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The version I have of simprop.dll is 10.0.61637.0 which is different from yours. I have FSX Acceleration installed w/SP2. If you have Acceleration installed, you need to do an Acceleration repair. If you have FSX SP1 or earlier version of FSX, you need to reinsert your FSX DVD and do a repair. Don't forget to reinstall SP1 after the repair. You can also uninstall FSX and reinstall it too (ugh!). Don't forget to defrag your harddrive after doing a repair or reinstall as the program is scattered all over your hard drive in no sense of organization.But before you do all that, try deleting your FSX.cfg, restart FSX and let the config rebuild itself. Sometimes that solves crashes at the splash screens or during startup. A simple fix...I recommended a FSX repair because I did a Google search for simprop.dll and came up with several problems with this dll on other flightsim sites. All recommended a repair of FSX and that apparently fixed the problem as no one ever came back and said they still had the problem.Best regards,Jim