Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davethewave2

Possible fix to CDO with addon aircraft

First, quick rant to fsx developers. The world does not use inches of mecury for pressure settings we use millibars. You got it right in FS9, why the backward step in fsx?OK, I feel better now. So in order to fix this oversight I extracted the xml gauges from the B737 cab file and edited the xml gauge so pressure is shown in millibars. Rather then use microsoft's utility "Cabdir" to recreate the cab file again I used a 3rd party piece of software cos it had a nice GUI interface. This all worked fine but I noticed it took longer to load the 737 at startup. I could also cause fsx to crash if I clicked OK before the 737 was loaded fully on the selection screen.Recompiling the cab with Cabdir fixed all the problems. Perhaps fsx is just a bit fusy on how the cab's are compiled?Anyway, though some of you suffering odd crashes with addon aircraft with their own supplied cab files might want to investigate. A quick way to test is to extract all the cab's files to a folder of the same name in the same place. i.e. In the above example extract all the files from B737_800.cab into a folder called B737_800Please report back here if it works.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!