Sign in to follow this  
Guest djbowler

Microphone performance

Guest djbowler

I've been calibrating my mic for vatsim and the playback is very poor. I've tried different mics to no avail. Is this a soundblaster driver (5.1) problem.Thanks

Guest sb55mv

Hi,Please don't forget to sign your posts.I too have had a similar problem, so it's not just you.I even have a situation where one time I connect and they can hardly hear me, so I changed it from wav out, to direct sound out, then another time when I connect I have to reverse this.I have no idea as to why this happens.I hope you get it sorted though.all the best,

Guest JamesMc

Have you turned on your mic boost in your system sound controls? James

I used to fly on Flightsimatc (not around at this time) and had issues there as well. What might sound good to you, may not be clear on the controllers end. The mic boost seems to be the most effective. I used to run a seperate headphone mixer so I could adjust the playback levels in my headphones for my mic and sim at two different levels. I have never flown Vatsim, but if you call for a radio check, and someone is patient enough for you to get a good balance, that would be great.