Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

PIC 767 SCREEN SHOTS REQUEST...also posted in SSforum..

Looking specifically for side cockpit shots - actually all interior shots other than main panel, throttle quadrant, overhead etc. All sgots not shown on the Wilco site.I want to buy this plane, but would like to see the rest of the cockpit interior first.Please and thanks, Adam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

PIC 767 is not so much a plane but a panel; the default aircraft that come with the panels are BGL files and they really slow down the program. So most people merge the 767 PIC panel with a POSKY 763 of their choice.Since PIC 767 was created for FS2000 and patched for FS2002, it does not have a virtual cockpit and photo-realistic graphics you see in newer products. If you were going to buy 767 PIC it would be for the functionality of the panel and not for what the cockpit looks like.

I agree with your comments, for pure panel functionality, it's in a class of it's own. No VC, and no nice night lighting effects, but I still have it as my favourite! It's very reliable and solid with the GS and LOC intercepts, etc.I think the original poster just wanted to see the B767 side windows (.bmp files supplied with PIC). These are excellent as long as one realizes that they are not from a VC (as some are now), but are just static .bmp files.Bruce.

Yes Bruce, I would like to see the side window views. I fly Df 734 and used to fly PMDG777 for fly - so obviously cockpits with high functionality are important to me. I have no use for VC's. I am well aware that PIC offers great functionality and this is the reason I will buy it. Most of my enjopyment comes from the technical side of the flight systems that come with complex planes such as these. In any event, once I'm all configured and in cruise, I still like to see a nice view out the window. It just adds icing to the cake so to speak.Thanks a lot, Adam

Funny, I saw this post just as I was thinking of doing a PIC post of my own.After some time away from the plane I loaded it up this morning and flew from CYYC to CYVR and remembered why PIC is considered by many to be the best add on aircraft for MSFS.It's a joy to fly. I spent part of the morning getting reacquainted with the manual, which I keep in a three ring binder about three inches thick.I guess what I'm saying is that regardless of the side views (which in my view are pretty good, given that I don't like VCs anyway) PIC 767 is worth every penny. I know Wilco has been knocked around a bit by their more recent releases, but imho PIC 767 still sets the standard.BlairCYOW

Blair, Since you have it would you mind posting a couple shots of the 2d window views. As previously mentioned, I don't care in the least about VC's.Thanks, Adam