Sign in to follow this  
Guest bluemarlin

New to 2004

Guest bluemarlin

Hi EveryoneHave been out of simming for a few years and just getting back into it. Have been reading the forums here for a few weeks and finally made an informed decision to purchase fs 2004 over the newly released version as I dont want to upgrade in a years time to use new add on aircraft. Was familiar with 767PIC in FS2002 and now want to install PMDG 737. My system includes a new Dual Core 3.4ghz with 2mb ram and Nvidia 7600GT graphics card and 19 inch wide screen monitor.My question is after installing fs 2004, what changes to fs setup will I need to make to get it running well. I notice people talking about fs9.1, is there a patch for fs 2004 I am not aware of? Any tips before starting these instals would be greatly appreciated. Many ThanksTim Carter

Hi,There are dozens of tweaks available. This is a good starting point:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...sg_id=676&page=In the same forum you will find others too:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=177There is a V9.1 patch for FS2004 which can be downloaded here:http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/downloads.asp(Make sure you have WinXP SP2 installed.Success,P.S. Also make sure you replace at least the default Clouds bitmaps, as they are framerate killers.You can download one of the freeware replacements packages in the AVSIM file store, or buy ActiveSky and/or Flight Environment Pro (Flight1)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Guest neslesman

The 9.1 patch would be already built into any new software. I bought mine 5 months ago and it was part of the package but, of course, you could find some year old stock. Just check the pack when you buy.

Guest Eek

>(Make sure you have WinXP SP2 installed.That's news to me. I've been running 9.1 with SP1 happily, for quite some time, now.(-: ~EwingKATLMSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0 GHz2GB Corsair PC-3200 512x4 Dual Channel CL2.5 DDR DIMM eVGA nVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT 256MB DDR3Sound Blaster Audigy LSOCZ Powerstream 420WWinXPPro (SP1)