Sign in to follow this  
Holland_Holland

New NVidia drivers 93.71 Forceware Heads up!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Rob, do you like these new drivers? Are they as ez to install as the last group. 85.?? I think. That's what I'm using. Are these new drivers as backwards compatible as the last ones were? I used the 85.-- Nvidia Forceware drivers on a 5200 Geforce 256DDR Ram card as well as an old TNT2 Ultra 32mg card. the forceware drivers helped both cards quite a bit. I've had no trouble w/them.So.... how about these new ones? Chapster

Hi Chapster,I haven't installed these specific drivers yet but I have used the 90 series drivers and haven't had any problems at all. I believe starting with the 90 series, nvidia introduced the "nvidia control panel" which basically puts everything from the display properties specific to your card into its own control panel group.I don't believe there's much development going on for either of the cards you've listed in the newer drivers. I don't even think there's much going on for my 6800GT, so YMMV, but I don't believe either of us will see much of a performance increase with the new drivers, but I do hope I'm wrong :)

Heya Thanks,I guess I'll stick w/what I have then. No point messing w/something that ain't broke. Except maybe our cat (kidding ladies).The 85 series has a control panel. Or at least it seems to. It allows me to adjust the size, angle, shape, hue, brightness, etc. of my screen. That's alot more than the generic XP setup.Anyhow, thnx for answering and saving me the download time on my dialup (grrr) line. That and installing some drivers that won't help. Besides, it's hard to imagine the graphics being much better than they are. Chapster

Thnx alot Ian,And I am interested even if I doubt I'll bother to use them. I reformatted my HDD and that solved the problem as I figured it would.It was worth the 24 hrs of messing around with the reinstalling stuff. I don't really like reformatting because ya never know what can/will/might go wrong w/a Windows install. I got off pretty ez. The only prob I had was my modem wouldn't connect any faster than 31.02KB That's too slow, even for dialup, or maybe especially for dialup. I went to Windows Upgrade and sure enough there was a Hardware update. And it was for modems. A long list of them. I downloaded it, it installed itself, and I then connected at 50.6KB That's about as fast as I get.Anyhow, off to check out that Nvidia C.P.Chap