Sign in to follow this  
Guest sjfdkw

FS2004 ai aircraft engine sounds.

Guest delsimflyer

Can someone tell how to make fs2004 go for the sound.cfg files in corresponding aircraft folders and use them to generate realistic engine sounds for ai traffic, just as it does for user aircrafts?By default fs2004 uses single wave file from the common sounds folder irrespective of the thrust of the engine, which is pretty unrealistic.

Guest martin842

Can't be done.I agree that the AI sounds often leave something to be desired. There are replacement AI sounds in the Avsim library which may improve things. Also, the Settings > Sound > Environment slider controls the volume of the AI sounds (among other things).Martin

Hi,There's only one way to do that - buy FSX...There is a payware program that gives you AI sounds - FSHotSFX. But be warned, they've long stopped giving technical support for it. I use it though.Take care,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest delsimflyer

Thanks for telling about fshotsfx. But the utility looks quite complex in making it work to our wishes. Already I spent a lot of my time in collecting the ai aircrafts and flightplans for my local airport but can't afford to do so for adjusting the sounds in fshotsfx. So, after pondering over it for sometime I think buying FSX will definitely be a better idea.