Sign in to follow this  
cruster

Back to FS9, gfx are wonky

Not having messed around with FS9 in quite some time, I re-installed everything on my WinXP desktop. Downloaded all the FSGenesis scenery and wotnot again, even re-installed the Cheyenne (although it's an exercise in frustration on this machine).Today, I decided to update the Nvidia (Ti4800) drivers, which went seemingly well. Except when I start FS9 now, the civilian GA beacon (green/white rotating light, as if I need to explain it...heh) looks like a pair of horizontally opposed, slowly rotating, solid dark grey cones. I vaguely recall this being discussed in the forums many years ago, but search turns up 250+ pages of results. Anyone remember the fix off hand? Many thanks if you can help.

Guest ThrottleUp

Im not sure about this but I think theres a high chance of it working hee hee.1. Backup FS9/texture2. Backup FS9/scenery/world/texture3. Extract the respective texture folders from the FS9 CDs into your current folders. I got a feeling something might have gone astray and whatevers missing will be replaced when you do the above. Like I said Im not sure this will work for you but if you have backed up everything then there is nothing to lose by giving it a try :)

Thanks, Nevin. I tried to delete my thread last night because, after a reboot, everything was back to 'normal.' Before anyone asks, yes, I did reboot after installing the updated gfx drivers, as well as a couple more times as I was removing some of the cruft the kids had 'installed' on there (freaking browser 'tool bars,' etc.). Oh well, now I just need to go through and 'tweak' all of the Advanced display settings and the FS9 display settings to get maximum advantage. I should've written all that stuff down somewhere. :Thanks again.