Sign in to follow this  
Guest DiddlBiker

Crash when parked?

Guest DiddlBiker

I googled for this problem but cannot find any references to it. Hope you guys can shine some light on it:When I keep the aircraft on the ground for an extended amount of time (let's say 5 minutes) while checking out AI-traffic, my airplane crashes.No clues as on why; just a message that my plane crashed - last time I got a message "airplane overstressed" - while it's sitting at the ramp, engine off, parking brakes on, etc!I don't think I'm running anything outrageous - FS9, Ultimate Traffic, a few scenery add-ons. The 'crash' problem seems to be happening at any location, and with any airplane (stock, freeware and payware)Any clues?

Hi,I had it happen many times.MSFS lets the plane creep ahead with engines running, even with the parking brake set.Now, I "pushback",set the parking brake, start, F1, call ground to taxi.If engines are running at the gate, try pressing F1 which is full IDLE for MSFS.That helps prevent the forward creep with parking brake set.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Guest DiddlBiker

>If engines are running at the gate, try pressing F1 which is>full IDLE for MSFS.I did - actually, I did more than that: idle cut-off, AND the fuel selector to "None".Even with the weather set to no winds (maybe the plane is blown over?) it happens.

The airplane isn't crashing, you are. You are crashing into buildings around the airplane while in spot view. Save your flights inside the airplane, preferably in 2D. Either move the airplane away from where it was parked before going into spot view (using the slew function) or only view from a direction away from the buildings. You can uncheck the box in flight sim under realism settings "detect crashes and damage". This is helpful when you want to beach an Amphib onto the shore at a body of water. There is also check box in the scenery if you have AFCAD that can be unchecked if you don't want buildings to cause a crash at certain airports. Daryll