Sign in to follow this  
Guest rmaan89

Dreamfleet Baron 58 - Reality XP GNS530 problem

Hi all,I recently started flying Dreamfleet's Baron 58 RX (Reality-XP Version) for FS9. It is an amazing aircraft and I am thoroughly enjoying my time in it, however I have noticed a small problem that no body else seems to have. I can't find information about it anywhere, and I've read the reality-xp GNS530/430 manual at least 3 times lol.Basically, I start up the aircraft in the 2D panel with all systems running. I then use the Dreamflight config utility to start the aircraft in a 'cold-and-dark' state. There seems to be no problem when I switch on the avionics and the reality xp GNS530 starts up fine, and get no error messages and I acn interact with the reality xp GNS530 with no problems. However when I switch off the avionics, start up the engine and switch the avionics back on again, I don't get the blue screen on the GNS 530. Instead I get a black screen on the GPS with a revolving world and Reality-xp logo in the right hand corner of the GPS.Form that point on, no matter what I do or which buttons I press I cannot get the GNS530 (reality xp) to turn on at all. The logo just stays there and that loving blue screen is gone :(This only seems to happen after shuting down the avionics and starting them up again, any idea why this is happening?The trainers are installed correctly but the only thing I can think of is I am loading the Baron 58 directly from the 'create a flight' screen.If anyone can offer any input to this problem it would be greatly apreciated!Thanks for any help :)ArmanEDIT: Quick note, I am using the latest Reality-xp products version 5.2 if that makes any difference :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi thanks for that.I thought it may be a license issue after searching through some other forums, I'll post at simforums, thanks :)I have tried switching the unit on/off but to no avail :(Any more help is appreciated, thanks for the reply!Arman

I have seen the black screen/spinning globe on occasion, but only on startup of various a/c. Repeated clicks of the ENT button makes it go away/change into the main page of the GNS530.

THANK GOD! Finally, someone who's seen the problem! :) lolWell thanks for that, I've tried that but it didn't seem to work, maybe I should click the button more.A side note, I tried the baron a few minutes ago and did the same procedure but did not have any problems, even switched the avionics off in flight to test it and it worked...it just seems like a random problem, wish I knew the cause!Thanks again for all the help!Arman