Sign in to follow this  
Guest kalch

What is best scenery or texture add-on w/o affecting fps?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I gotta say... this has to be the worst way to ask this type of question.Can you give us some specifics?[ul][li]What are your computer specs? This RADICALLY changes the answers that you'll get back. To some almost all sceneries run w/o FPS hit.[/li][li]What part of the world are you looking for? Or do you want a global change?[/li][li]What are some examples or types you're looking for? A generic overall mesh like FSGenesis or something specific for one area like Portland by FlightScenery.[/li][/ul]Some common sense applies when asking questions like that...

Since I have a very low spec system (P3/800), I can say that USA Roads answers the question on my system. Packages like GE Pro or Flight Environment also should offer no fps hit. Oddly, mesh in FS-9 also has no penalty on my system. I have Holger's mesh for the Alps and it transformed that beautiful part of the world for me. I also wrote a small add-on, Soft Horizons, which helps a lot with distance scenery and the way it blends with the horizon. SH does not have a fps penalty.-John