Sign in to follow this  
Guest tpower

how to reconcile same LC files for diff addon sceneries?

Guest tpower

Hmm sticky one here,I have two addon sceneries for a coinciding area, Hamburg. Both provide a replacement LC bgl for "LC 050 012". The question is : which do I use? If I put one higher it the scenery index it will override the other? Is that right? If they have the same title I guess so. Could I rename one, and if I did would that cause them to overlap? If I do rename one, do I place it lower or higher in the scenery index? The prob here is Hamburg City Scenery and East Friesland Scenery, both of which contain the file referenced above. Right now I have the East Friesland LC bgl in place and nothing in Hamburg City looks amiss (I left out the Hamburg LC file for the moment). So, should I rename the Hamburg LC file and install it (as a "different" file) or will that cause me some conflicts? Sorry, normally this stuff is straightforward, but this time I've run into an obstacle,Cheers,Tosh

All landclass has the same resolution. Which ever one is in the highest priority area will be used. However, withn a landclass file, it is possible to specify a "transparent" value, which allows whatever landclass is defined in a lower priority file to "show through". This way some one could just update urban areas, leaving the countryside landclass unchanged. The names are immaterial. the easiest way is to put the landclasses in their own scenery aras and switch the priority back and forth to see what you like more.It's more work to get going, but LWMViewer ver2 from here:http://www.jimkeir.co.uk/FlightSim/LWMViewer.htmlmakes viewing scenery files much easier. You can just turn files on and off and see the effect without all the constant restarts needed when using FS9 as a viewer.scott s..

Guest tpower

Thanks Scott for your informed reply. I'll look into using this viewer this weekend. And yes, I already did make an LC folder in my Addon Scenery, seemed to make sense to put all those in one place. That's very helpful,Cheers,Tosh