Sign in to follow this  
Guest integra144

Airport Select Slows FS2004

Guest integra144

How come whenever I try to select an airport it always takes it about 15 seconds for the page to load. Then it takes exactly a minute ( I timed it) before the airport is chosen and I can click fly now. During that that FS04 appears to be locked. I only have to planes which didn

Sounds like a problem with an addon scenery, or texture rather than an aircraft.The length of time to open the "Select Airports" screen is directly related to the number of folders which have to be searched.I'm assuming you have done a complete install so that no scenery is being read and cached directly from the CD.

Guest integra144

yup i dont even stick in disk 4 to run it (mine is a legal version) just easier not to have to stick in a disk for every use. also I dont have any add on or anythings only two airplanes from opensky.Help pleae?

Guest integra144

installed on windows XP pro same hard drive C drive 100GB no partions and no ugrades other than the upgrade offfered by Microsoft.Any ideas plz?

Guest integra144

Can some please help me!!! I have tried everything Thanks

How much free space is on the hard drive? At least 15 GB ?How large is the swap file, memory and the video card memory?

Guest integra144

71.1gb free space, 64mb video card, 1 gig ram, not sure what is a swap file or how to find it.