Sign in to follow this  
BobP

B-25 J-Mitchell "MAAM" Briefing Time

I'd hate to have to add up the amount of money I have spent on add-on airplanes over the years of my flight simulation experience, so I won't do that. GrinHowever, I can tell you the best 25 bucks you could ever spend on an add on airplane for FS2002.....and it is pictured below.You get two CD's with this order, and you can order right here on AVSIM in their "store"....and the best part is to "play" one of the included REAL WORLD video's of the B25....and then go FLY it yourself in FS2002.I can guarantee you GOOSEBUMPS. It is almost eerie....the amount of realism transferred from the real airplane to your monitor.Here is a view of the Virtual Cockpit of the B25 as I approach the Osaka Kansai airport in Japan.I am running a Matrox Parhelia video card across 3 forty inch LCD monitors....so that is about 10 feet of pure B25!Regards,Cap'n Tarmack

Greetings from OKC, Mel!Damn, 3X40 (that's fourty :-eek) inch LCD monitors? Hell.... for the amount you spent on monitors you could'a bought a used Sim from the airlines! :-LOLYou're absolutely right about the B25. I'm still flying the demo, though. Ordered my CD 11 days ago and still nothing, hopefully will get it today, so I can't say anything about the VC Panel but it has to be great judging by what the demo looks like so far. Even on my puny 22inch Viewsonic Flatscreen CRT. :-lolPete S. ==Near Oklahoma City==

Guest danowat

Oh my god, 3 forty inch LCD's, are you an oil baron or something, damn I was satisfied with my system until you posted that, damn you!!!!! :)Oh well, yes you are right it is a fantastic plane, I would say that it has the most realistic exterior I have seen, almost impossible to tell the difference between it and a real photo.oh man I still can't stop thinking about your setup, you must have some power to run that.Dan

Pete,Great to hear from you again....looks like ol Gunner is up there under a thunderstorm right now in JAX.....according to the latest wx radar report.I just got my CD yesterday so yours just might come today.....out there in the middle of the country.This morning I played the video, on the second CD, that shows a Doolittle re-enactment.....I did that on this Web computer while I had FS running on my my sim computer....in VC mode.The camera is IN the cockpit for the video.....so it is fun to see the instrument panel on BOTH the video and on your sim computer....can't tell the difference........then when I shut the video down and cranked up the woofers on the sim computer....the SOUND just about blows you away!You are gonna love it!By the way....those 40 inch LCD's are actually High Definition Tv's from Panasonic....they can be purchased now in the 2400 dollar range...TRY to find a regular computer LCD monitor at that price and size...! The TV's have a regular video input for a computer and for the other goodies like a CD player, DVD, and of course the High Def tuner.Take care,Mel

Dan,Well, I started small. Grin.I only bought one of the 40 inch LCD projection TV's first...and then arranged 12 more 15" monitors.......6 on either side.That took a total of 5 computer to run those screens.........each with a Matrox Parhelia video card.Here is how my cockpit looked before Christmas...and no matter how hard I tried....it always looked cluttered. GrinI started to SELL goodies. Grin. Sold the 12 LCD's...and 4 computers....and then took that money and bought two more 40 inch TV's from Panasonic.Got bigger for not much money.....certainly LESS money than if you started from scratch and had to buy 4 computers and 12 monitors....just get one good CPU first, a Matrox Parhelia Video card and 3 tv'sRegards,Mel

Guest danowat

Oh well I will just have to dream, can I come round and play one day :)Dan.

Mel,Hope Gunner is not somewhere on I-95 ,walking in the rain with a gas can! LOL$2400 for 40 inch LCD is not bad! I have a 65" Samsung, but unfortunately it not LCD and even though HDTV capable I don't have a way to connect my 'puter to it other than SVHS input, and that really sucks. Works Great with a Progressive Scan DVD at 1080i for movies tho'.Besides, I don't think The Boss would let me hijack it for FS, anyway.Well the mail came in, still no B25! I am trying to remain patient, but starting to get annoyed!Take care,Pete S. ==Near Oklahoma City==

I have the download version and it is impressive. The VC is the best I have seen as it is difficult to see the difference between the 2d panel and the VC. By the way, she climbs very nicely with the bomb bay doors open. I apparently hit the "/" and open them! :) I wish now I had ordered the CD, as the manual contains the references to the many "training" movies on the CD. I will probably order it also, as the money is going to worthwhile effort.BobP :)