Sign in to follow this  
Guest iiMiller

Piaggio Avanti

Guest iiMiller

Greetings. I downloaded and installed the Piaggio Avanti 180 and have had many odd problems. When trying to load the plane I get 'A330, A320, etc... gauges cannot load' messages. Then the planes won't load. Also, I removed it from my system and there were gauges missing from the stock Cessna 172 and 182, which I recovered from #2 disc. Are there known problems with this aircraft with FS2004? Should it be installed into a temp folder and manually moved to FS2004? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or assistance. Miller

I had this plane at one time with no problems. Possibly your download was corrupted. One time, I downloaded a plane that caused some Mooney gauges to disappear. I did the same as you to retrieve the gauges. Have you tried a Flight sim manager? Oftentimes, they can resolve problems like these.

Guest tango papa

I usually take a look at the zip file to see how the A/C is installed. If you pan all the way to the right, you can see the destination of each file /aircraft/texture/gauges..ect. If you aren't sure, just extract to a temp folder, and then copy/paste to the appropriate files.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Guest iiMiller

I downloaded the Avanti again and installed to a temp file and moved everything manually with the same result except other aircraft's gauges weren't corrupted. The only thing I can think of is I am using an older graphics driver, 71.89 nvidia. I've had up and down success in the past on always updating the g driver, sometimes it works well and sometimes it screws everything up. This version is very stable but am now wondering if things like the new gauge files A330,A320 require newer drivers to run correctly. That is the only thing that MIGHT be a problem. All other aircraft work on this pc and this FS9 install. Miller

Guest tango papa

I went to the panel cfg and noticed that the gauges that were listed as missing, were used multiple times, doing different functions. In a multi-engine A/C, only one gauge is loaded for RPM, and is cloned for each additional engine. This does not seem to be a problem for FS. My guess is FS sees the first gauge's listing function, and then issues the missing gauge for the other functions. But I'm no expert, just offering an observation.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain