Sign in to follow this  
Guest Henri W

Saab 35 Draken

Hi,I just wanted to point your attention to version 3.1 of Thomas Nilsson's Saab Draken. Even if you aren't a fan of military aircraft, this is a plane that is so much fun to fly. If you like complex and functional systems and avionics, this one must be in your hangar. Excellent flight dynamics as well. Oh, and did I mention the excellent VC already?It is hard to imagine how much time Thomas must have spent on this package. It is definitely comparable with the best payware planes I am aware of. A big thank you to Thomas for all his hard work.So, if you missed it, go and get it from the Avsim library: j35bm_31_204585.zipBest regards,Henri

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I fully second that.Great package. Excellent exterior model, great panel + VC, even a lot of custom programmed stuff (autopilot for example). I like the Draken. I've seen them on many, many occasions over here (they were in service until 2005) and I've even been able to take a seat in a Draken pit (airshow, ground-display only, of course). Talking to the pilots was also a nice experience.The in-flight loadout customization in this addon is a great idea. Just open a subpanel, click a few buttons and you have your external fuel tanks/weapon loadout configured.This is definitely a high quality addon. Highly recommended it to anyone who likes jets and doesn't mind about its "oldtimer" status. Flying it is a lot of fun.

Yes, I have the first one still in my hanger. This aircraft could well have sold as payware. The quality of its functions are superb.A big thank you to Thomas Nilsson, your aircraft is worthy of an Avsim award for excellence!

For those interested, I posted a few screen shots on the screen shot forum.Best regards,Henri

I have this one but I would hasten to add that Kazunori Ito's Draken is just as good....... :-violin.......well, I use it a lot!!! I should say that I put the Nilsson/Bookmark panel in it and they reccomended the Ito Draken!! You can't say fairer than that!

How can the VC of Thomas' Draken ever work for Ito's plane. Since owning TrackIR4 I do not use 2D panels anymore. BTW, did you use version 3.1 already? With all respect for Ito's work, I'd rather put my trust regarding flight dynamics and such things in a project that was exclusively dedicated to this single plane.Cheers,Henri