Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dholbrooks

How do you add your own Aircraft Paint?

Guest Dholbrooks

I need help, I'm new at this. If you could list a link, of the software, or how to.

Guest tango papa

The simple way is to do a search in file library here at AVSIM. When you select the "File Library" you will be able to scroll down the menu to "Repaint, Modification" catagory. Then enter the name and model of the A/C you want to change, and you will be shown a listing of repaints. Select the one you want, and download the file to your computer. I set up a folder just for repaints, with another folder inside named TempUnzip. Go to the file just D/L'ed, and open with WINZIP. When it opens, there will be several files inside. The first file to locate is the "READ ME" file, which should include the instructions for applying the new paint scheme. Most often, the directions will state extract to a temp folder, as indicated above. Make sure you check the box for "Use Folder Names, and select the location of your Temp folder: My Computer/C:/ Repaints/ Temp, and click on extract. If all went well, there should be several files ending with .bmp, grouped under a name for the paint scheme and perhaps a text file also. That was the easy part. The next section is a bit more complicated. The next step is to select each of the .bmp files, and do a CUT/PASTE to your selected plane's file in MS9. Double click on the "Aircraft.cfg" file, and it will open with Notepad. The first line should read [fltsim.0] and will continue down with various info about the plane. This section also defines what paint scheme is applied, and there may be several already there. Go back to the "ReadMe" file and look for a similar section, which will start with [fltsim.xx], and select the entire text and do a COPY/PASTE under the last section of the aircraft specs.If there is only one section, change the [fltsim.xx] to [flight.1], or the next higher number, if there were several. Close NOTEPAD and SAVE. You have a new paint job.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain