Sign in to follow this  
Guest bigw0lt

AI Traffic

I have been trying to set up realistic parking gates everytime I venture to a new airport. However, when I arrive at the airport that I have assigned certain airlines to gates, I always seem to end up in a differnt airlines area. Like for instance I have gotten the gates assigned properly at Tampa International, which Southwest has its own terminal. However, when I fly there, I am put in the A concourse everytime. Is there a way that my aircraft will go to the assigned airlines gate, rather than what is prioritized in AFCAD?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The user aircraft parking works under a different set of rules / logic and the parking codes do not work for the user aircraft.Yes, I agree - a big DS on the development team part.Most people who've made posts tend to ignore the ATC parking direction and taxi to the gate / terminal for their airline / repaint.For a favorite airport there are some tricks you can use with making a certain parking spot too small in radius to park other aircraft - and tweak your model radius.You can also give a favorite spot a parking code like XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX - which will make it an extremely low priority for AI traffic.In the first example, the ATC will direct your aircraft to park in the desired spot. The negatives include really poor outside views of the aircraft - which are based upon radius to some extent.In the second example, the ATC will not direct you to the spot - but it should be open.