Sign in to follow this  
Guest jbm_4

exclude switch

Guest jbm_4

Hello All,Now I know that there has been talk of solutions for this in the past, but I still can't seem to get it. I'm working on an Airport in Bouctouche New Brunswick Canada. I had to start it from 0. Now, I was able to but the runway in and use the flattening switch. Everything is great except that I have trees on the runway, so I've got to use the exclude switch. The Following web page:http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...neryobjects.aspSays to take the North Latitude,West Longitude,South Latitude,East Longitude,category. So I added 4 points around the runway to get the coordinate (see picture). Now, After going counter clockwise, added them to the senery.cfg, the runway is gone and trees are still there. Can ANYONE HELP!!!!

Excludes has evolved a great deal since that article was written.FS2004 autogen objects can best be excluded by an XML file compiled with the BglComp program from the BglComp SDK. http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimul...ads_sdk.asp#bglExcludes are rectangles oriented north/south west/east.You create two coordinates for each rectangel - the northwest and southeast points.The runway centerpoint is it's reference - so a small exclude can remove a big runway.The best way for an airport such as you describe will be to create several small exclude rectangles.You cannot do that in the scenery.cfg - but you can place as many exclude rectangles as your need in an XML file. I have one for an airport with 47 rectangles - I was removing individual trees and buildings to get the impact I wanted.The is the file I created to exclude the autogen at the airport SANE.<?xml version="1.0"?>Now to identify coordinates down to 12 decimal places is difficult.I use a program called ExcludeBuilder - by Paavo Pihelgas - http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=...hor=&CatID=rootA good tutorial by David Marshall is also on this link to the Avsim Library.Exclude Builder uses FSConnect to take position from your FS aircraft - http://www.dirks-software.ca/It's all free, and much better and much easier to control than a scenery.cfg entry of one exclude per scenery layer.

Guest jbm_4

ok,I downloaded the BglComp program and the ExcludeBuilder. Now, when I get the coordinate and generate the source and go to save it, it doesn't create a bgl file. I located the BglComp program. I can't figure this out and I'm getting fustrated. Would you consider doing it for me if I sent you the Afcad file?

Guest martin842

Well, it took me about an hour (mostly on the learning curve), but it worked a treat. I have now got rid of the autogen on my apron.I will upload the file for others to use.Thanks Reggie for drawing our attention to this simple solution.Martin

Guest jbm_4

I'm not as lucky as martin, is there any one out there that may be able to do it for me???Thanks>

Guest wji

I'm not opposed to doing things the simple way, so may I sugest simply using (free) FlattEx; it does flatten and/or exclude switches which are placed in the scenery.cfg file[/font size]

Guest jbm_4

where can I get it? Would you do it for me?:(

Guest tango papa

Read the second post here by RFields, with links included for the files needed. Read the instructions for the files, and get the coordinates for the upper left hand corner, and the lower right hand corner for each area. In the process, you will get an exclude.bgl file, which removes everything selected in that rectangle. You can make as many areas to exclude, as needed. A very easy way to locate the is to use a tool: chplus.zip, available in the AVSIM library. It's a guage used mostly for placing scenery, and works in SLEW mode, and it's absolutely accurrate for placing exclude areas. Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain