Sign in to follow this  

Is this how default airports are supposed to look?

Hey guys I'm having a problem with FS9 and default airports in FS9. Maybe I haven't noticed it after all these years, but all of the airports have city streets and crop textures under them:aus.jpgBasically the problem is that the textures surrounding the airport continue underneath it, making it very unrealistic. FSX fixes this problem (albiet with ugly desert textures) but does anyone have a fix for FS9?

No the airport is not supposed to look like that.It appears that the texture for the airport polygon is gone.People who use AFCAD to create new airports or move airports, but do not create a new ground polygon achieve that effect.Which airports it is?Do I understand you correctly to say ALL airports look this way?Have you installed any addon texture sets, or modified any textures in the main texture folder, or the SceneryWorldTexture folder?Have you installed a large scale texture replacement like Ultimate Terrain, then removed the files rather than running the utility to replace the default textures before removal?

Should have mentioned I have Ultimate Terrain and GEPro. I did uninstall FS9 a few months back without first returning the textures to default sate.EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it. For anyone else that has this problem: Make sure in your fs9.cfg you have TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_MAP set to "1".