Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

Advice on creating a minimal base-scenery .cfg please!

Guest ThrottleUp

Hallo everyone :)Im making my own panels and need to keep loading up the sim to see what it looks like in FS9.However I have a massive Add On Scenery folder and a massive Aircraft Folder as well. I want create two alternate folders that will enable quick load-ups of the sim for the purpose of panel/sound editing & designing.The Aircraft folder was easy to sort out, just renamed the primary folder and created a new one with 2 planes in it (the default Cessna and the one whose panel Im tweaking).Please could you help with creating an ultra-slim scenery.cfg? Id like it to only load US scenery & airports. I tried editing it by leaving just these entries behind in the .cfg but it didnt work:---------------------------------- [General] Title=FS9 World SceneryDescription=FS9 Scenery DataClean_on_Exit=FALSE [Area.001] Title=Default TerrainTexture_ID=1Layer=1Active=TRUERequired=TRUELocal=SceneryWorldRemote= [Area.002] Title=Default SceneryLocal=SceneryBASELayer=2Active=TRUERequired=TRUERemote=----------------------------------Alternatively if any of you have created a slimmed-down .cfg with default sceneries could you please post it, attach it to your reply or PM it to me? Thank you :)

Hi Nevin,the basic scenery.cfg consists of 38 entries from Area.001 "Default Terrain" to Area.038 "Addon Scenery". You can leave out most of these entries but that won't make FS load any faster in my experience. If you start a flight in North America anything outside of the region you're in will be ignored by the sim anyway.You could experiment with removing the default photoreal city textures (Area.13 -.34). BTW, the original scenery.cfg, in case you don't have a backup somewhere in your FS9 root folder, is on Disk 4.Cheers, Holger

Guest ThrottleUp

-----------------------------------------------BTW, the original scenery.cfg, in case you don't have a backup somewhere in your FS9 root folder, is on Disk 4.-----------------------------------------------Thanks for that very useful tip Holger, much appreciate your reply - which I must add is spot-on.Its been staring me in the face all the time lol - the initial FS9 load-up takes forever but subsequent loads only take like 10 seconds or so...with the regular scenery.cfg intact!So like you said - I dont really need to create a slimmed-down .cfg :)