Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

ATC went silent on me!

I was over half way through a flight from KAX to JFK yesterday, when I realized that ATC had gone quite on me. It wasn't a case of getting an ATC saying "radar services terminated" you're on your own type message after having ignored an ATC instruction too many times. ATC simply stopped pestering me to change center frequencies every few minutes as it usually does. It only responded to me when I tried cancelling my IFR flightplan. When I tried to contact JFK's tower I inadvertantly hit the wrong key. After that not only couldn't I raise JFK's tower by manually setting the frequency, but FS2004 ATC system wouldn't allow me to contact Washington Center either. I couldn't hear either talking to other aircraft any more as well. I was lucky to make an approach on my own to 32L without colliding with someone either in mid-air or on the runway!I've never had ATC go dead on me like this before! I was flying the United 737PIC B737-400 and had just installed both Ground and Flight Environment that day. I was also using ActiveSky for the first time during the flight as well.Has anyone else experienced this problem before?

Guest PARADISE

Did you have radio/nav aid failures checked on in FS?JohnM

I don't think so, as I said, this has never happened before. I'll check on it though. Incidentially, is an ATC response to an emergency frequency being entered into one of the com radios simulated in FS?Scott