Sign in to follow this  
Mike...

Aardvark AAL 737-800 with winglets

I can't seem to find an AIA AAL 738W. I was adding some wingletted aircraft for other airlines and I saw on Airliners.net some nice pics of AAL 738's with winglets. But my searches have turned up nothing. Does anyone know of a paint? If one does not exist yet, I for one would appreciate it if a talented painter could make one. ;-)

Mike...

Yeah...I was under the impression that the same repaint could not be used for both non-winglet and winglet model. http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?&DLID=58901Take that one for example, which I downloaded shortly before my AAL search. (Same goes for various SWA paints.)It clearly states: "Includes 2 versions, with and without winglets.". Now, why would there be two versions, if you could just copy the textures to both aircraft folders?Confused.

Mike...

No quite sure about that one The AAL folder perhaps doesn't call for the winglets in the Non version.I noticed that the COA download does have both non and wingletted versions.I would just try it and see if it wrok for the AAL Winglet version.Cheers

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Guest ladannen

The non-winglet repaints will work with winglet models.But the winglet will be grey.There is an American Airlines repaint with winglets available at:http://ai-repaints.com/One more place to register, however.Alex

LOL! I always wondered why Microsoft's Passport feature didn't become a success. I mean, one set of log-in info for lots of different sites. Now it's the same story over and over again... And unless I really want something, I'm creating less and less accounts. It's getting out of hand. Anyhoo, signed up :D and downloaded the paint. Grey would have worked, but on this paint I can see AA.com titles on the winglets and that makes it a winner.Thank you.;-)

Mike...