Sign in to follow this  
Scotty66

Help with Scenery file download

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have/had the same problem consistently and have not found a solution. The AVSIM Librarian told me it must be my firewall but my symptoms are not consistent with a firewall problem as most other files download from AVSIM just fine. I am using IE7 with Win XP Home as my browser. I have Norton Internet Security 2006 as my firewall and have authorized AVSIM downloads as being trusted in accordance with AVSIM directions. For what it is worth, I have noticed that I do get the same "Cannot Display This Page" message occasionally with other AVSIM file download attempts but have usually been able to re-try at a different time with success. Not with this set of files, however, I have never gotten any successes despite repeated attempts over multiple days.Stan V.

I've been waiting for someone else to address this problem. I also can't download those files. Thought maybe it was because of the file size but I can dowload other files of apporx the same size. I think I will disable my firewall ot my Norton and see if this will solve the problem....Dennis

I disabled my Zonealarm Firewall and also my Norton Antivirus and still unable to download these files...........Dennis

I agree with everything said above. I can download all other files, including many that are larger. It appears by the error message that the download page for these files do not exist for whatever reason. I posted in the File Library forum 3 days ago, but have not received 1 answer.

I just did a file search, and there are no files dated Mar 8th, 2007 in the library. Appearently, they have been removed. I was able to D/L files still listed.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Do a search for Mexico Mesh and you will find the files starting about 7 or 8 down the list. Still unable to download them. Hope someone has an answer to this...............Dennis

I notice they are starting to upload those files on Fltsim. You can download them without any problem although it takes a long time because of the file size....Dennis

Thanks, I am getting a few of them from the FlightSim site. I posted twice in the Library forum, no replies. I sent an email to the Library address and got a reply back that they couldn't find a problem with the files. Replied with more info and haven't heard a thing back. I guess they feel that the problem will disappear down the post pages. Oh well, I give up. Thanks anyway Avsim.