Sign in to follow this  
blueridgeflyer

Maddog 2006 Registration FYI

Greetings to all. I wish to write a brief editorial on my registration experience with the newly released Maddog 2006. I am an avid flight sim enthusiast who is very fond of the realism that the hobby has yielded over the past 3 yrs. There is little doubt in my mind that the developers behind Maddog 2006 have created a remarkably full featured product. With that in mind, I feel that it is important for people to be aware of the registration process the company has chosen to employ.Many within the simulation community have come to expect wrappers or embedded modules within FS to automate the activation process. Maddog 2006 includes no such automation and is dependent on human involvement to generate and email the registration code. Be prepared to wait (up to 24 hours according to the developers) to be able to enjoy the product.In my case I mistakenly substituted a rogue character into my email address within the installation GUI and hit the register button. Upon realizing the mistake I corrected the email address and resubmitted a registration request. I received a noreply message from the company stating that my request had been rejected from the server. Apparently their server recorded multiple addresses on the hardware ID and locked out my email address. So I sent them an email, detailing my mistake along with providing them plenty of identifying material. My expectation was to be provided with a registration code. Instead I received an email asking me to re register the product. Upon complying with the instructions, I received another noreply email informing me that my request had been rejected by the server. I sent another email to customer service requesting assistance & that is where things currently stand 30 hours after purchasing the product.Please don

Ryan Kelly