Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pilot533

Fs Genesis or UT

Guest Pilot533

I have both but I just did a re-install of fs9 and I know I can use both with a patch, but if you were to choose one over the other what would it be? This question is only referring to the landclass that comes with utusa vs the fs genesis landclass. I was thinking about using all of the utusa features except the landclass, and just using fs genesis for landclass. So what do you think is best, and if I just use the fs gen landclass I dont need a patch right?

I think most people who have both, use both with the "patch", so why not? The patch is designed so that the FSG US landclass is used throughout the US, then the potion of UT USA landclass covering urban areas is installed at a higher priority.Separately, my opinion is that the FSG hawaii mesh/landclass/shorelines product has a better landclass than UT USA so I use that one as well. The shorelines are a toss-up. The FSG Hawaii product also relocates default airports and objects per the revised shorelines, which might be helpful though there are other options, and I think the UT USA also relocates most objects in Hawaii as well (if you select that option in the config tool). scott s..

Guest wji

Well, I have both FSGenesis Alaska/BC and UT AK/CAN and as far as I know the former is mesh and the latter landclass.P.S. Now with GBv2 installed, some features of all-of-the-above have been disabled. It's pretty difficult to stay on top of it but my FS9 installations (seem to) work real good and last a long time.