Sign in to follow this  
Guest USAir319

Any suggestions....?

Today i flew into KORD in a Posky 737 and i had my ai traffic up to 100%. I believe i was getting about 4 fps.... which i hardly flyable as most of you know.....is there any thing i can do to make every thing in flight sim smoother with the ai traffic still at 100%?? By the way, the scenery was at MINIMAL..

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

hi,no answer at this point; just another question. What 100%?The TrafficToolBox installed from the SDK or some other utility perhaps would tell us whether your 100% is 125 aircraft or 531 aircraft. It will make a big difference. I've had the sim tracking several hundered AC at times and that's fine for sitting in the tower and watching traffic but not for flying.Just curious about your expectations as well as the sim performance...Loyd

Try setting the traffic down to 50%. You will still see a lot of airplanes and still be able to fly with good fps. It also depends on your computer and which AI you are using. I recommend frame rate friendly freeware ai aircraft from AI Ardvark, Evolve AI, some FSpainter and Project AI. The World of AI packages are perfect and indeed use planes mentioned above. Another thing, is this default KORD or Simflyers? Simflyers KORD is terrible on fps.Regards, Carlos

This is the default KORD scenery, and it is set to MINIMAL. And the 100% i am referring to is the ai traffic percentage.Thanks,Matt