Sign in to follow this  
Guest slobav

keyboard

Guest slobav

hi! look my joystick doesn't work eny more and now I need to fly on the keyboard... hm... becouse now I don't have money to buy onother one... so the keyboard is my jostick for some time... and it is very dificult to fly with keyboard only... I used to fly without autorudder and now i have problems with controling the plane... i cant find the sensitivity what i need... so I come here to ask someone if he/she is a keyboard pilot... and is there some tricks with the keyboard or just you need some time to be pro on fly-keyboard... I'm flyin now on the NumPad and I can't belive that now I can't say for fs9 is realistic enough like a few days ago... ok just some maybe usefull tricks or tips how to configure keyboard for flying without a joke... thxSorry for my Englis but if you understand Serbian i can can write on Serbian! :D

Guest tango papa

When you start FS, and the default C172 pops up, start your flight. You can stay where you are, press the F10 key, wait for the kneeboard to open, and then click on the icon with the letter A. Another screen will appear, showing a list of Key Assignments for different functions, and there is a section for flying, using the keyboard.Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like -M.Twain

Here's a few I remember:1. If you fly with autopilot and If you have fsuipc registered, there is a setting to 'center elevator upon autopilot engage'. This prevents a number of issues due to deflected elevator after takeoff.2. If not, try to ensure your panels have some kind of control surface display so you can see how surfaces are deflected. Fs autopilot adjusts pitch with elevator trim, not elevator, so your elevator may remain 'up' after takeoff.3. I used numpad 5 a lot to quickly center rudder/ailerons after a deflection.As you have said, what you really need is time and PRACTICE to get used to the unfamiliar feel. Using only keyboard I flew everything except helos quite well for many years :)I had the same problem the opposite way, going from keyboard to joystick :)regards,Markhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/a320/custbanner2.jpgPC Power Silencer 470/3.2HT/2048mb/ATI X1950pro/SB Audigy

Regards,

Mark