Sign in to follow this  
Guest Yarnam

Evolve AI problem

Guest Yarnam

OK folks I have a problem. I am not new to AI programming but this one has me baffled.I have downloaded the following 2 Air Canada Evolve AI A321 repaints.ev321aca2_v5.zip & ev321aca1_v5.zipThe files states and I quote "To be used with the EvolveAI Base Files Packages for FS2004 available separately (ev321_models_update.zip and ev321_fde_update.zip)"OK so bottom line I downloaded and installed everything (yes did the TTools thing) and it doesn't work. Then I noticed that the repaints "fltsim.[x].txt" lists the following line for the aircraft cfg filemodel=CFMThe only model on the Evolve AI 321 is "model.no_refl"I tried changing the model name to model.cfm and vice versa and I still can't get it to work. I was hoping someone could take a moment today and check and see if this is a file error or a user error.Thank You

Guest wji

May I suggest using the modified.air FS2004 files (included in d/l)I have my CFM & IAE models in separate folders and use either model.no_refl or model.reflective [/font size]http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/170863.jpgP.S. My Evolve aircraft work real good and last a long time

Guest Yarnam

Modified air files were installed.Anyone else got any ideas?

I'm not sure what the problem is. You should have two Evolve AI 321 folders in your Aircraft folder, one for the CFM and one for the IAE version. The readme will indicate which version to use, CFM in this case. So your texture folders go in the EvolveAI A321 CFM folder. Inside each folder and aircraft.cfg, you only have to choose between "no_refl" or "reflective". I suggest you use no_refl, it's easier on the frames. And the updated models only come in non reflective anyway. So, long story short, model=no_refl. (Don't include "model.", only what comes after the dot, same with the texture entry.) ;-)The repainter probably combined both 321 folders into one. And he uses CFM or IAE as model (non reflective most likely), because he has those two model folders. Evolve AI have done a great job at standardizing their work, sometimes repainters deviate from that.

Mike...