Sign in to follow this  
Guest over and out

Tracker Pro Clip compared to Vector Expansion?

I currently use the TrackIR Pro 3 with the Vector Expansion. I was wondering if anyone has the newer Pro Clip and how it compares to the Vector for use in FS9. The main difference between the two is that the Pro Clip has infarred sensors while the Vector has just reflectors. I am intersted if the actual performance is better with the Pro Clip? I really like the Tracker IR with the Vector Expansion (6 degrees of movement), but if I can make it even better I will.I also think that the TrackerIR system is the one of the best things ever invented for simmers.I searched the forums and found an AVSIM review of the Pro Clip but that article did not compare performance between the pro Clip and Vector Expansion. :-scatter :-scatter

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I recently bought the Pro Clip and have noticed somewhat of a performance increase, but I fly in a room that has a lot of windows and is often rather bright. I was hoping the infrared sensors would allow me to fly in that room all the time but I still get some significant interference from the lights, but it is certainly better than with the Vector.I don't regret the purchase of the Pro Clip at all, though, if only because I hated the fact that I had to wear a hat in order to use the Vector Expansion clip. I'd say go for it and return it if you're dissatisfied, but if you like using the Vector I doubt that you'll be dissapointed with the Pro Clip.Let me know what you think. Good luck!Chuck

Thanks for the info. I did order it because since I posted the original question I had read other reviews and people generally said it did perform better than just the vector.So I'll give it a try :)

Let me know how it goes.........