Sign in to follow this  
Guest blazingcessna

FS9 ATC Errors

Guest blazingcessna

I dont have the GND CTL problems that I have been reading about, most places everything works pretty good. I have a problem with PHNL. ATC only uses one runway. 22L/4R. The Visual approach 22l is totally ridiculus. I get descended to 2000, climbed to 3500, descended back to 2000, then climbed to 3900, and then get turned north just before I cross the mountains. Finally, it acts like I didn't respond to it, and cancels my IFR clearance!!! What the heck is going on??? I have the same problem with FSX, even post SP1!!! The other problems are really STOOPID! Vectors to crosswind runways, while there is a perfectly aligned runway available, getting assigned too short a runway for the active aircraft(22R KBOS and a Fully loaded 744!!! That dog don't hunt!!)!!!! Now can anyone point me to the proper folders and files that control ATC? I am going to fix this garbage. Thanks in advance for any info or to simply post other airport errors, that once I figure this stuff out, I will attempt to fix them and post them here.

You can't fix nor control ATC. You can tweak Afcads, maybe write some approaches, but you'll have to accept that ATC is "garbage", period. And that there are serious limitations, crosswind runways if all runways are active, runway assignments based on aircraft heading. Etc...Once you get over it, it's not that bad actually.For PHNL, try this download: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileN...phnl_app_jv.zip (Search for author Jim Vile and you'll find lots of similar files for different airports)For KBOS, try this package: http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?FileN...os2.1afcads.zip (For use with the excellent freeware KBOS scenery)You can also ask for a different runway to land on if the runway given is not acceptable.Alternatively, try an addon ATC package such as Radar Contact.

Mike...

Guest blazingcessna

I see what you are saying, but getting assigned an upwind runway is just to much. I get that error all the time. There be a way to fix this without resorting to payware. Asking for another runway rarely works, as none of the appropriate runways are listed, yet the approaches are! But I guess this is what you get when non-pilots build a "Flight Simulator"!:-bla

Why you get that error all the time is because you use crosswind afcads. It's not behavior intended by MS. It is simply making use of a glitch by Afcad designers to facilitate all the AI we have flying around. Which is also not what MS had in mind when they released FS9.Crosswind Afcads have their advantages and disadvantages. If you can't deal with the latter, stop using them. Although on the other hand, I'm lightly confused. If you do use them, you should always be able to select a correct runway, there should always be at least one runway with headwind. The one listed last in Afcad's runway list. If you don't have it open for landings, that's another story.Also keep in mind, when activating more runways, base ends are always linked to eachother. So if there's 6/24 and 9/27 and you link 6 to 9, then you'll always get either 6 or 9 and not 6 and 27, even if that would make more sense.And it's a flight simulator, not an ATC simulator. If they could concentrate on ATC more, I'm sure it would be better. Unfortunately, MS chose to work on different things. And continues to do so, what with FSX pretty much ingoring ATC. That's where addons come into play, they can focus on one aspect. MS has to focus on providing a (simple) basis and platform others can build and expand on. And understandibly so. No platform, no nothing. ;-)

Mike...