Sign in to follow this  
hjwalter

Irritating hangups in FS9 startup.

Hi All,When I start up a saved flight in my huge FS9, the progress slider in the load up window begins with: "Loading scenery objects", then "Loading terrain" etc. But when "Loading terrain" commences my FS9 very often (but not always) freezes up at between about 9 and 15%. The Windows task manager then states that FS9 "is not responding" leaving only one way out and that is to "End the Task" and fire up FS9 again. Sometimes the same saved flight then starts up normally but sometimes it even takes three or four goes before I can finally fly normally.I have used FILEMON to try and see what's wrong during such a flight start up process and I see very many "Not found" texture and texture.cab messages but these almost all concern textures related to e.g. Mesh and Land Class sceneries which normally should not even have texture files. Does anyone have any idea about where I should look ?RegardsHans

Guest wji

"When I start up a saved flight in my huge FS9""Does anyone have any idea about where I should look?"Start FS9 from the Default Flight then Select Flight.