Sign in to follow this  
Guest EagleX

Error msg on splash screen: Your computer has run out of memory

Guest EagleX

Hi, Im having a very strange problem start last night.Every time I start fs9, I get the following error:Your computer has run out of available memory. Flight simulator will now exit. You may not have enough free space on your hard disk drive. Run disk cleanup to free up space, and then try running Flight Simulator again.I did everything in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892610 but it didnt solve the problem.heres the msg:http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9712/fssn7.jpgI dont know what to do, I will be glad to get some help.Thanks.

How much hard drive space does your computer have free?

Guest Rob Hirst

I had this error about two weeks ago. I ended up having to back up my aircraft/scenery and sound folders (basically everything that I'd added over the year), uninstall and re-install FS9. It turns out my AI Aardvark Boing 747-400 Pratt and Whitney folder was duff, along with my traffic file for Island Air (Hawaii). Try taking each of these out (if you have them) first just to see if you've got the same problem.Other than reinstallation I'm affraid I couldn't sort it any other way.Good luck

Guest Keyno-onyeK

Before you got that message, was the game running slower and slower? CTRL-ALT-DELETE, check FS9 Memory usage, if it keeps on growing and growing, you have a memory leak. Usually its a area, maybe a airport.

Guest TomOOO

Maybe you have some other process taking up all the memory. Checkedfor viruses recently ?I can get this error if I don't log out all the other people onthe computer first - my son plays games which also use large amountsof resources.