Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ted_Thompson

Error saving to the logbook

Guest Albatross7107

Nothing came up on the search so... Anyone else have this problem? The screen presents it's self when I exit the game, and of course no log entry is made.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174474.jpgI made the log file "New Book", but I have no idea where the "+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++" comes from...

Don't know what's up with the +++++++++++'s, but sometimes the logbook goes screwy when you modify an entry from within the sim. I've had it happen (never saw any ++++++++++'s that I recall though), and there was even an MS Knowledge Base article on it at one time.There should be a "New Book.LOG" in your "My DocumentsFlight Simulator Files folder, first check to make sure it's there, it's named exactly "New Book.LOG", and open it in Notepad to make sure you can read it (it isn't corrupt or something).Now open up your fs9.CFG and find the following section:[MISC]LOG_TIME=1LOG_FILE=New BookThere may be a couple other lines under this section, but just make sure those 2 look like that above. If your log file is something other than New Book.LOG (New_Book.LOG, for example) just copy & paste the filename to the LOG_FILE= line and backspace the .LOG extension off.That should fix it I think.Jim

Guest Albatross7107

THANKS! I've edited it but not tested it yet, however when I opened fs9.cfg I found the name was New Book+++++++++++ except there were hundreds of "+" (Which actually wasn't "+" but a character of the same shape from the extended ASCII character set...)

Guest PARADISE

If this continues to be a problem just make the Logbook entry in the Fs9.cfg = 0. As far as I know there is no reason (advantage) to keep logbook entries in FS9, other than personal preference. Mine even started to CTD with all the logbook errors I was getting. Since I stopped using it, I have yet to have one.John M

Guest Albatross7107

I'll keep in mind that you can do that, thanks.