Sign in to follow this  
gunman02

Tail Dragger steering

I am having trouble with a single engine trail dragger. I have googled every fs site I can find to look for my problem. I have a many WWl and newer tail draggers and most turn fine,with the help of differential braking and rudder pedals. I have a couple ( a spade and a folker Dr.1 ) that are really stubborn. They will not turn at all. I have to go to slew mode toget them lined up with the runway and after any flight I go back to slew mode when I want to ground turn them. I know tail draggers are supposed to be hard to turn, but this is just impossible. I saw a fix with the DC3, but not with smaller tail draggers. I saw something about the contact points, but after looking there, my eyes went blurry and I just gave up. If any kind person could give me any help it would be greatly appreciated. I love the tri wing Dr.1 and would love to be able to ground steer it just a little. ray

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ray,>>>>If any kind person could give me any help it would be greatly appreciated. I love the tri wing Dr.1 and would love to be able to ground steer it just a little.<<<

I want to thank you very much for the fast and very helpful in formation. This really helped me. I have printed it out and now I am able to enjoy flying these most wonderful planes. I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help. Thanks again.ray

>>>>I can not tell you how much I appreciate your help. Thanks again.<<<