Sign in to follow this  
Guest ConJoe

.cfg files question

Guest ConJoe

(I'm sorry if this topic does not belong here, I didn't know where to put it) Ok, you know whenever you download a repaint, a lot of the time it tells you to add stuff for the plane in the aircraft .cfg file. Well, I have tryed in Windows Wordpad and Notepad. Each time I can open it, but when I go to save it, it says "Cannot create the C://......aircraft.cfg file make sure that the path and file name are correct" Because of this, I am limited to very few repaints and other things. So, if someone could tell me what I am supposed to do, I would greatly appreciate it

Guest ConJoe

I am using FSX not FS2004

I don't know about Vista, but in XP you have to click on 'save as', not 'save' while in notepad and then in the pop up window that appears, change the append on the file name that ends as .txt to .cfg, then hit the save button. Be very careful that you don't mistype the file append or you can lose the whole file.Kim

Guest ConJoe

o..well i use Vista...but I'll see if that works on vista too

Note that the .txt and other file suffixes are hidden by default in the operating system and you have to find the settings that will expose these to you. I'm not sure where that is in Vista.Kim

Guest ConJoe

mk =) ty ill see if that works

Guest ConJoe

Ok, Does anyone know how to be able to save in .cfg on Windows Vista? lol =)