Sign in to follow this  
DaryllB25840

Random micro-stutters

In my quest to get my scenery to move fluidly past my eye-point while looking out of the side window I was plagued by random micro-stutters. I had tried everything to smooth things out.Everything was smooth from spot view and I was always in the VC that I noticed it. I felt sure it was something having to do with the VC computing environment.I think most of us have "Active Camera" by now and I had forgotten about my head latency setting from the original install. A real neat effect by the way. When I had higher settings I noticed the stutters while in a turn so I had been running it at 0.10 when the range is between 0.0 to 2.0 . I had thought that such a low setting of 0.10 wouldn't have much of an impact but it was the cause of my random micro-stutters. When I unchecked the head latency box the micro-stutters were gone from the motion of the scenery passing by the window.I have cranked up the ground turbulence and buffeting to 1.75. When flying I really liked the sensation of rotation when the weight of the airplane is removed from the gear and transferred to the smooth airflow over the wings.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!