Sign in to follow this  
Guest Markv

Hi I'm new here with some questions

Guest Markv

Hi name here is Mark, I'd like to say great forum Glad I joined. I have some questions. First, how do I check my frame rate? Second, In real life I have flown into Midway airport (on a commercial airliner, I'm not a pilot) in Chicago. I understand it's a hard one to land in because it's right in the city and you have to come in at a steep decent rate. I wanted to try flying into it in FS but don't see it listed. Is it not in FS or is it just not in mine for some reason? Third is there a key board shortcut to reverse engines after touchdown when landing jet aircraft. Thanks for any help.Mark

The airport is KMDWIt is listed as Chicago-Midway.The glide slope on the Rwy 13C and 31C ILS are 3 degrees - which is normal. The glide slope on Rwy 4R is 3.4 degrees - slightly steep.(Note - I'm telling you how your FS2004 default is setup - not the real world - for your purposes the real world settings are irrelevant).But Midway is short - you have to stick the landing right on and get on the brakes and reversers quickly. You can't float a half mile down the runway - because that's half the runway.London City has a steep glide slope - 5.5 degrees.Thrust Reverser - HOLD DOWN the F2 key.Hit F1 to cut the throttle, then HOLD DOWN the F2 key until you slow to about 50 kts. Then hit F1 again to cut the throttles again.

Guest Markv

Hi and thanks for your quick reply and the information. I guess I got my facts wrong about why it is tricky to land there in the real world, must be the short runway not the glide slope. That was few years ago that I went there. Thanks for the info on reversing the engines, I'm going to give it a go right now.MarkP.S. How do I check frame rate?

Guest Markv

Thanks again Reggie.Mark