Sign in to follow this  
Guest 247

help please need your advise

Guest 247

Okay im not that techinacally minded and i know a small bit about pcs but dont be too techincal.just wondering what is the best fs graphics card and do i need to buy anything eles or can i just whack it in there and away i go ?

Guest crotiusf16

Do a search here for graphic cards, it has been posted several times. Do you have an AGP slot or PCI express slot? If you are fortunate to have a PCI slot go for the 8800GT. Totally awesome card.

Be aware that the latest nVidia drivers don't work well with MSFS and it hasn't been fixed in a while, so you'll need to download a program called nHancer and do some tweaking. See these threads, and others here at Avsim (cut and paste the ling if you have to):http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...&topic_id=14854http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...2&mesg_id=26071I have a dedicated computer I use just for MS Flight Simulator. I just bought an nVidia card for it because it was less expensive and the one I bought got great reviews, but the lack of MSFS support makes me think I'll probably go back to an ATI chipset as soon as I can. I have a lot less problems tweaking my ATI card.Good luck.Chuck