Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sublime8992

Heh, I think I FINALLY just flew for real.

Guest Sublime8992

I only mastered flying props and what not a few days ago, along with GPS approaches, but I thought, ####, I'll give an IFR flight a shot.Jumped in a Fokker-100, and set off to do KSEA -> KPHX. I didn't know if I'd be able to do it, but I listened to the ATC the whole way through, followed my high altitude airways, and finished with a perfect landing! It's a great feeling, lol.

Guest MikeMiraglia

Congratulations!!!! I remember my first perfect IFR from KJAX to KMCI. Now try doing it with FS Passengers so that it adds a little more purpose and excitement.-Mike

Guest jetrocket

i do IFR w/ the autopilot.

Guest Jetfan

I do IFR w/ autopilot, autothrottles, GPS navigation and autoland. Sometimes I nap during the cruise mode. When will someone make a program so I can input my slowdown and descent points ?Sorry, couldn't resist.. Congratulations ! It does feel good when you learn more about this and find that it works. That what keeps us all hooked. Been here since FS98.Have fun..Bob

Well done! :-beerchugYeah it's great! - but like Mike Miraglia says - do it with FS Passengers - say - from Portland KPDX to LAX or LAX to San Diego. The stage you want to aim for is to be able to do the same thing, but using ONLY a printed IFR Flight Plan, printed approach plates, VOR, ADF and ILS (NO LOOKING AT THE MAP!!!), SIDS and STARS, and with as much cloud as FS9 will give you, and see what your passenger approval score is once they've de-planed and the excitement's over! THIS is a fun challenge!http://www.myairplane.com/databases/approach/:-wave

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Guest JeffPreston

Well done.IMHO building new skills like IFR is so much more fun that just flying around VFR. There's nothing quite so delicious as flying IFR and coming down out of rough weather to find the runway is just where you'd like it to be!All the best -