Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

IMPORTANT: To users of my Pushback/Taxispeed gauges

Hi,If you use my pushback and taxispeed gauges (files RCBpb-20.zip, RCBts-10.zip, RCBta-10.zip) and experiance engines shutting down for aircraft with magnetoes (like a Cessna or Beech Baron):1. Read the README Pushback.txt for explanation.2. In the panel.cfg, replace the line gauge02=RobSound!Rob-Sound, 0,0,1bygauge02=rcb-gauges!PushbackSoundOff,0,0as explained in the Readme.Unfortunately I made a small mistake in the Readme for RCBta-10.zip (left out the coordinates 0,0 in ...SoundOff,0,0), causing the Soundoff gauge not loading. Which results in constantly engines shutting down, since the Magneto events (which drives gauge sounds) are not suppressed.Sorry for that.Some people have sent me Email about this through the Avsim forum, which I'm unable to answer since they don't mention there Email or Avsim username :-)Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Hi Rob,I am one of those who sent you an Email via the Avsim forum thinking that that was the best way to contact you with regard to your excellent programme. I am new to this forum and Flight Sim in general and was delighted when I came across your PushBack/TaxiSpeed addon to FS2002.I have read your Readme Pushback.txt again and applied your correction but the engines still cut out when I click the icon. I have double checked the panel.cfg file and it is correct as per the readme file. I would be greatful if you could take another look at this as I really want to use this programme with my aircraft. I am using FS2002 Professional on a P4 1.6GHz, 512Mb DDR SDRAM, MSI 845 Ultra Motherboard and a GF4 MX440 64Mb graphics card.Regards,Pat >Hi, >>If you use my pushback and taxispeed gauges (files >RCBpb-20.zip, RCBts-10.zip, RCBta-10.zip) and experiance >engines shutting down for aircraft with magnetoes (like a >Cessna or Beech Baron): >>1. Read the README Pushback.txt for explanation. >2. In the panel.cfg, replace the line >>gauge02=RobSound!Rob-Sound, 0,0,1 >by >gauge02=rcb-gauges!PushbackSoundOff,0,0 >>as explained in the Readme. >>Unfortunately I made a small mistake in the Readme for >RCBta-10.zip (left out the coordinates 0,0 in >...SoundOff,0,0), causing the Soundoff gauge not loading. >Which results in constantly engines shutting down, since the >Magneto events (which drives gauge sounds) are not >suppressed. >>Sorry for that. >>Some people have sent me Email about this through the Avsim >forum, which I'm unable to answer since they don't mention >there Email or Avsim username :-) >>Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Hi Pat,Just me a normal Email with the Cessna panel.cfg you adapted.(my email address is in the Readme).And check if you didn't spell the word 'gauge' as 'guage'.Which seem a very common mistake for people with English as native language, judging from the amount and origin of Emails I had :-)Rob