Sign in to follow this  
Orlaam

How Did I Miss This? Key2Mouse

http://www.wideview.it/key2mouse.htmCreates a macro so you can program mouse click areas on panels to a keyboard or joystick! A lot of add-ons have mouse click spots where you must use the mouse, but with this app I can see some cool things being programmed.For example, the TOGA or GA button on a lot of add-ons must be clicked with the mouse, and that can be tough mainly on final for GA. Then some have a Go-Around function in a seperate panel completely, so this would be perfect for those. Like the DA Piper Cheyenne's Go-Around button.I could even see being able to program a rocker switch like on the face of the Ch Yoke to work the spoiler. This looks like a great little program, but I haven't tried it yet. Anyone use it, and if so, how is it?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I use Key2Mouse with the PMDG 737NG and have about 60+ hardware switches programmed - 56 in the overhead panel and the rest MIP and they work like a charm. You have to have the appropriate window open for them to work so it may help to use a second LCD for screen switching - saves changing the forward views. I guess you can also set up keyboard keystroke combinations as well if you're not into building switch panels. Basically the K2M program is simple to use - just make sure the key combinations are "spare" and not assigned to FS9 actions otherwise you'll get some odd things happening. I pretty much deleted the FS9 commands as I'm using other interfacing hardware - yoke, rudder pedals, TQ, radios/nav aids, MCP etc which have a software interface.Rob

Thanks a lot for answering. I didn't realize I needed the panel to be open for the switch to work, although it's common sense that it would be that way. That changes things for me. I have no plans to use two or more monitors right now, so I guess this app isn't for me.Thanks again.