Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bill_M

FS9 GPS Programming

Guest Bill_M

Is there a way to program a waypoint in the GPS as lat/long instead of a navaid? I would like to be able to fly a specific rout using GPS for guidance but I would like to be able to do it by lat/long of the location instead of using navaids.I would prefer to be able to key in the lat/long coordinates to the GPS itself but I know where the .pln and .flt files are kept and have no problem editing a .pln or .flt file. A link to a good online tutorial on the GPS that includes the answer to this is entirely acceptable to save you work typing. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.TIABill

Just create a plan with some nearby intersection or other defined waypoint as a temporary substitute for your user defined waypoint. Save the flight plan.Open the flight plan with Notepad.Look for your temporary waypoint in the lines that start with "waypoint.#=" (substitute a number for the #). The latitude and longitude values for each waypoint are easy to spot. Change the latitude and longitude values to the position you want to fly to at that point in the plan. You can change the name of the waypoint too ("wpt##" works well)Save the plan back to the hard drive.Load the plan into the simulator.

Guest wji

or . . . Use Gerhard Berendt's flightplanconvert.zip converts FSX to FS9File Description:"In contrast to FS9, it is possible in FSX to implement user-defined waypoints directly into a flightplan by dragging and dropping it into the map (this goal can evidently be achieved in FS9 only with the assistance of AddOn tools like e.g. FlightSimCommander). This program enables the user to convert a flightplan, created with the flightplanner in FSX, directly into the corresponding flightplan in FS9, thereby making it possible to implement user-defined waypoints also in FS9 flightplans without the help of AddOns."Filename: flightplanconvert.zip