Sign in to follow this  
jerryuscg

Flashing Textures cause found

I think I have found at least one reason for flashing textures at certain airports. About a month ago I installed a few airports around Italy. I think they were "ISD Projects". This one was "ISD Project LIMC" and I had moved it to position #11 in my scenery Library. Somewhere in FS2004 info I remember reading that "Terrain Mesh" was supposed to be near the BOTTOM of the Scenery Libary( a high number). #1 position is the TOP of the Library.Yesterday I installed a scenry,"File: palermo_vfr.zip Author: Fulvio Mazzokan " and I remember him saying that this scenery also had some MESH in it. I installed it and set it at position #2 in the Library. So "palermo-vfr" was at #2 and ISD project LIMC was at position #11. When I flew into LICM, as soon as I hit the runway I started to get "texture flashing" but as soon as I left the active runway it stopped. I moved "palermo-vfr"( which had mesh in it) to position #19 ( and the LICM airport was at position #11). I made another flight into LICM and this time there was NO flashing. To sum it up: If you have a certain airport at a certain number position in the Scenery Library and have some other scenrey that contains that airport and has MESH in it, be sure that the MESH is a BIGGER number which puts it UNDERNEATH the airport in question, in the Scenery Library.I was also getting some flashing textures at BOSTON #2 airport and someone here(forgot his name) told me it was because I was going to Boston VIA NEW York and that having the "Manhatten" scenery active, made it worse. jerrycwo4