Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flybyme

nHancer and IVAP....

Ciao, sorry to bother but I have a Big problem with nHancer... I see that nHancer 2.3 gives very good emprovements to the textures...nice and smooth....BUT when I activate IVAP...I get the screen splitted in 2...The upper part works fine while the lower part is freezed...If I disinstall nHancer all works fine...Any solutions?ThanxxFS9Nvidia drivers version 163.74 beta(tried alo older version with no emprovements)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The only solution I found at the moment is bringing the small upper left IVAP window on my 2nd monitor...or pull it totally on the lower part of the screen...This causes the upper "working" part to take all the screen and to cover the freezed lower part..But I guess this shouldn't be happening...:((Paco

Paco,I just replied to you on Nzone, but I'll post my response here for everyone to see too:----This is a well known bug in the Nvidia driver unfortunately that dates all the way back to FS2002. It happens in windowed mode when you have a 2D image overlayed (like a cockpit tooltip or a module) and AA is on. It actually freezes everything below the point where the 2D object is with an old image from the framebuffer.1. Instead of maximizing the window, try actually dragging it to the full size you want - on my system, this keeps the freezing from happening.2. Run the sim in fullscreen.3. Run the sim without AA.4. Buy an ATI card.Those are the only solutions I know of. I've reported this bug to Nvidia a whole bunch of times and they never fix it.

So I guess the solution is to go for an ATI CARD...But how comes the freezing happens ONLY when I activate IVAP ?:((Thanx

It's because IVAP is a 2D module that overlays the 3D scene in FS. If you let cockpit tooltips pop up it'll do the same thing...I'd just unmaximize and resize the window manually, that fixes it for me.

Ciao Ryan"unmaximize and resize the window manually", that fixes it !!!In this case, isn't there a way to open FS without having to resize it manually every time???Thanx