Sign in to follow this  
xkoote

No sound interface between FS and outside FS

Hello gents,I'm wondering if any of you can help a pilot in distress.I have a Dell Dimension 9500 - E6600 CPU - 8800GTS - 2Gb RAM - Vista - FSInnI had to quit prematurely on a longhaul flight I was doing. I did not disconnect from VATSIM first because I thought that quiting would terminate all the processes anyway and I was in a hurry.The next time I start the computer (and FS) all of a sudden there is no sound from my Leonardo MD-80. I do get sounds from PMDG, defaults and LevelD. Hmmm, weird. I know that the MD uses it's own unusual setup because you can't turn off cockpit sounds with "Q". So I turn on FSInn, log on to the network and no "Bing Bong" sound.To confirm my thoughts I navigated the FS menu's and I don't get the "KLIK" noise when clicking OK, or CANCEL or anything like that.So here I am, I have no sound interface anymore between FS and outside of FS. I'm really dreading having to reinstall everything.That will take me at least a week. Are there any experts out here who might shed some light or give some suggestions?Regards,Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

Hi Xander,I'm not the expert you were hoping for, but let me offer two suggestions.If you are one who leaves the PC running continuously, shut it down and reboot. That works for me with many problems.Next, locate the FS9.cfg fle and temporarily drag it to your desktop. When you next run FS2004, it will create a new FS9.cfg file, possible fixing your error. If this works, you may have to edit the new file to add any tweaks that you made to the original. If it made no difference, just delete the new file and drag the original from your desktop back to it's normal location.None of the above takes much time or costs any money, so you can't lose. If you are unsure about where to find the FS9.cfg file (or which one it is), come on back and someone will help.Regard,JerryH