Sign in to follow this  
kunzel4

Default flight

Gentlemen,My flight default nowadays is locking the FS9 at the presentation screen , this way I cannot change my flight default by another one , I have no access to the screen where I can change it.My question is where I have access to do that ? any cfg ?Thanks and regardsAlberto Kunzel

You can modify the default flight manually in the fs9.CFG. Look for the line:SITUATION=[drive]Documents and Settings[User]JimMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files[filename of default flight]Replace [filename of default flight] with the filename of another flight (*.FLT) that you have saved in the Flight Simulator Files folder. You could also remove the path & filename completely leaving simply "SITUATION=", in which case the sim will revert to the default "Skyhawk at KSEA" flight.Yet another means of starting the sim is to simply double click a saved flight and associate .FLT file extensions with fs9.exe in the "Open with" dialog that pops up. This loads the flight directly bypassing the GUI completely (Create a flight, Select a flight, etc).Jim

>You can modify the default flight manually in the fs9.CFG. >Look for the line:>>SITUATION=[drive]Documents and>Settings[user]JimMy DocumentsFlight Simulator>Files[filename of default flight]>>Replace [filename of default flight] with the filename>of another flight (*.FLT) that you have saved in the Flight>Simulator Files folder. You could also remove the path &>filename completely leaving simply "SITUATION=", in which case>the sim will revert to the default "Skyhawk at KSEA" flight.>>Yet another means of starting the sim is to simply double>click a saved flight and associate .FLT file extensions with>fs9.exe in the "Open with" dialog that pops up. This loads>the flight directly bypassing the GUI completely (Create a>flight, Select a flight, etc).>>JimThanks Jim.regardsAlberto Kunzel