Sign in to follow this  
heightsmite

PMDG 744 hangs on load

I posted this in the PMDG forum; excuse the "double post," but this is driving me nuts and I'm hoping for a quick resolution so I can watch some baseball & football. Here goes:This started after installing 2 other retail A/C add-ons. When I select one of the 744 PAX models, the nav data base screen comes up and loads, then when I select OK to start that flight, the loading scenery objects screen comes up and hangs at zero percent. Cont-alt-delete brings up the task manager, then looking at performance I see that CPU usage is around 74-86% and PF is at 946mb (out of a total of 1 gb. Physical memory shows 159600 available out of 1047548. I have to kill the FS9 process to get out.Oddly, the freighter loads and works normally.Just before the two new AC were added, I also did a system rollback; Kaspersky (trial) didn't install cleanly and I went back to the day before that installation (about 2 weeks ago). I didn't install anything else in that interim. I did notice that after the rollback, I had duplicate copies of some files scattered, apparently randomly, throughout the drive; those files were appended with numbers in parenthesis (xxxxxx.xxx (2), etc.) When I try to load the 744 PAX, I almost get the impression FS9 is trying to load two 744's at the same time and the resource load is too great. I can't, however, find any dupes in that regard.Everything else works fine on FS9.Thanks for any help.Dave Skuback

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!